Trusteeship wraps up the summer with a special focus on the presidency. Our opening feature is an interview with Terrence MacTaggart, author of The 21st-Century Presidency: A Call to Enterprise Leadership, the latest in a series of periodic AGB reports about this crucial leadership role. We’ve included excerpts from the report, which recommends stronger board-president collaboration to face contemporary challenges. In New Paths to the Presidency, Stephen G. Pelletier explores the growth in nontraditional candidates for the presidency, complemented by Grant Callery’s A View from the Trenches: The Essential Elements of a Presidential Search. Teresa A. Sullivan examines the roles of presidents and trustees in When the Middle Ground Is the High Ground: Free Speech and the University, and Joseph A. Brennan and Sally K. Mason share their personal experiences with reputation management in Object Lesson: The Crucial Role of Trustees in Facing Crisis.
The 21st-Century Presidency
- The 21st-Century Presidency: A Call to Enterprise Leadership
- New Paths to the Presidency
- When the Middle Ground Is the High Ground: Free Speech and the University
- Object Lesson: The Crucial Role of Trustees in Facing Crisis
- A View from the Trenches: The Essential Elements of a Presidential Search
- Higher Education Lawyers Are Public Interest Lawyers
- When the Stars Align: Forming a Faculty Senate
- Beyond Definitions: Trying to Hear the Voices of Shared Governance
- What Do Colleges and Universities Need to Know About Workplace Recording Laws?