This issue of Trusteeship opens with a piece on Uncertainty in Changing Times, as a panel of higher education experts discusses the implications of having a new presidential administration in Washington. Richard Chait then addresses the questions of who decides what and how that affects governance in Decisions, Decisions. Public college and university systems get a thorough examination in Kevin P. Reilly's piece, Too Big to Fail. Thomas K. Hyatt looks at the balancing act that is the relationship between institutional leadership and foundation boards in The Tandem Tightrope Walk. And finally, what happens when electronic courses are introduced into a small, private college environment? Kim Cassidy, Jennifer Spohrer, and Ruth Lindeborg of Bryn Mawr College look at Disrupting Assumptions: e-Learning at Liberal-Arts Colleges.
Uncertainty: Solving the Post-Election Policy Puzzle
- Uncertainty in Changing Times
- Decisions, Decisions
- Too Big to Fail
- The Tandem Tightrope Walk
- Disrupting Assumptions: e-Learning at Liberal-Arts Colleges
- How to Be Sunshine Savvy
- What Duties Does a Lawyer Owe the Institution?
- Courageous Boards Will Move Higher Education Forward
- The End Goal: A Service to Those We Serve
- What's Next for the Overtime Pay Rule?