The Membership Experience Marketing Coordinator works with the membership team to coordinate and develop marketing materials and campaigns to support the promotion of membership and to coordinate member retention activities. Reporting to the Vice President for the Membership Experience this position also assists with data processing for membership applications and member updates.
- Works collaboratively with the membership experience team, the marketing and communications team, and other internal stakeholders as a project manager to implement comprehensive marketing efforts for promoting member services.
- Develops membership marketing and promotional materials, including copy writing print and digital collateral (postcards, emails, social media posts, etc.), consulting with the marketing and communications team to ensure brand integrity.
- Coordinates the printing and distribution of member services marketing materials and new member mailings. Follows up with mail house and printers as necessary to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Tracks leadership transitions at U.S. universities, colleges, and related foundations and follows up with relevant member services communications.
- Keeps track of events and staff travel to conferences, events, and member visits to send advance member services materials and follow-up as appropriate.
- Works with marketing and communications team to coordinate and integrate membership experience marketing with other AGB product and service marketing.
- Ensures that membership experience marketing schedule is implemented on a consistent and timely basis.
- Assists with processing of new-member applications and updating the member database.
- Serves as a back-up to the members’ concierge when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in marketing and communications with demonstrated success. Background in sales, higher education, nonprofit, and/or association sector(s) a plus.
- Strong project management, collaborative, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to meet deadlines, and to accommodate shifting priorities.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and visual creativity.
- Ability to work collaboratively in formal teams and informal working groups, as well as independently.
- Strong customer-service skills, with internal and external customers.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Prior experience with email marketing, e.g., Hubspot, HTML coding, and social media platforms desirable.
- Prior experience with an association management system (AMS) such as Impexium is desirable.
To apply: email cover letter, along with resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include position title in Subject of email to avoid being overlooked.
No phone calls, please.