Who may apply for this award?
Any board that is a member in good standing with the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges is encouraged to apply for this award.
How can a board submit an application?
There are two options for submitting an application: by mail or electronically.
- By mail: Please send complete applications to:
Association of Governing Boards
John W. Nason Award
1133 20th St. NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
- Electronically: Please submit complete applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the formatting requirements for the application?
Cover page (including name and address of the board as well as contact information for the board professional) and a five-page maximum narrative (please include the board name on each page of the narrative).
What information should be included in the narrative?
The narrative is your opportunity to describe how your board played a significant role in shaping your institution, system, or foundation. As such, please include the following:
- The difficult circumstances or opportunities for significant achievement that your board faced.
- The plan your board designed within that climate.
- The execution of this plan, including any additional challenges that arose during that time.
- An assessment of how the steps taken by your board have contributed to your institution, system, or foundation.
What if our application exceeds the five-page limit?
Judges will only be permitted to read the first five pages submitted. In order to ensure that your whole application is reviewed, please limit your narrative to five pages.