1:30-2:30 pm ET
Advisory councils have come to play an increasingly important role in colleges and universities, informing the decisions of deans and presidents, advocating for the institution, and leading the way in giving and fundraising. These groups can provide vital support to their institutions, but positioning them for greatest effect is not an intuitive task.
The webinar will explore policies and best practices for structuring an advisory council, defining its role, managing its work, and maximizing its benefits to the institution. The webinar will address the following questions:
- How should the council’s role be defined?
- How should advisory council members be identified and enlisted?
- What staff and resources are required to manage an effective advisory council?
- What should be the policies regarding the council’s giving and participation in fundraising?
- What are the benefits to expect and the pitfalls to avoid?
- Merrill Schwartz, senior vice president, AGB Consulting
- Michael J. Worth, professor of nonprofit management, Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Policy Administration, George Washington University