This webinar introduces the terminology of the fiduciary and the duties of the board and its members to the institution as well as the public and stakeholders served, including employees, students, and the community. The webinar will also introduce how boards and administrators can effectively use internal and external experts to address challenges in risk management, finance and facilities, strategic planning, and fundraising.
Examples will be provided to illustrate what it takes to act in the best interest of the institution, how to proactively address potential conflict of interest, and the obligation to respond appropriately to the mission of the institution. The webinar also addresses ways to build expertise of board members and the board as a whole, the role of committees, and confidentiality concerns. This will be an interactive session with opportunity for questions and discussion with participants.
- Familiarity and understanding of fiduciary concepts.
- Understanding of the board and administrative roles in serving the institution.
- Techniques to ensure board effectiveness in carrying out its fiduciary duties.
- Susan Whealler Johnston, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, AGB
- Christopher Borton, Chair, Misericordia University Board of Trustees
- Thomas J. Botzman, Ph.D., President, Misericordia University