2:00-3:15 pm (ET)
The first webinar of AGB's three-part webinar series on leadership for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Students across the nation are demanding that institutional leaders take action to create safe, respectful, and inclusive campus environments for all. Presidents and boards are under pressure to respond with genuine empathy while making visible and substantive changes to improve campus climate.
In this webinar, participants will focus on the fundamental issues driving the current wave of student action, and what board members need to know about diversity, equity, and inclusion. Speakers will address:
- Why is this topic important to boards?
- What does diversity, equity, and inclusion mean on today's college campus?
- What are the issues behind the current wave of student protests?
- How are today's circumstances different from previous years and previous generations?
- How should institutional leaders be prepared for and respond to student protests and student demands?
- Kevin Rome, president, Lincoln University
- Larry Roper, board member, Heidelberg University; former vice provost for student affairs, Oregon State University
- Penny Rue, vice president for campus life, Wake Forest University
Join us for the webinar series: Leadership for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion!
Through the three-part webinar series, participants will gain a clearer understanding of the complex issues facing higher education leaders regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion as they explore how to engage the campus community and diminish tensions.
Other webinars in the series include:
- Improving Campus Climate
January 27, 2016, 2:00-3:15 pm (ET)
- Making the Commitment to Accomplish Transformational Change
February 3, 2016, 2:00-3:15 pm (ET)