2:00-3:15 pm (ET)
The second webinar of AGB's three-part webinar series on leadership for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Students across the nation are demanding that institutional leaders take action to create safe, respectful, and inclusive campus environments for all. Presidents and boards are under pressure to respond with genuine empathy while making visible and substantive changes to improve campus climate.
This webinar focuses on the questions board members should ask and what they can do to drive improvements in campus climate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Speakers will address:
- How can improving campus climate be prioritized?
- What are the different dimensions of campus climate?
- How can campus climate be measured and improved?
- How does campus climate affect students' educational experience and their ability to be successful?
- Becky Pettit, vice chancellor for equity, diversity and inclusion, University of California San Diego
- Larry Roper, board member, Heidelberg University; former vice provost for student affairs, Oregon State University
- Susan C. Scrimshaw, president, The Sage Colleges
Join us for the webinar series: Leadership for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion!
Through the three-part webinar series, participants will gain a clearer understanding of the complex issues facing higher education leaders regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion as they explore how to engage the campus community and diminish tensions.
Other webinars in the series include:
- Understanding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
January 20, 2016, 2:00-3:15 pm (ET)
- Making the Commitment to Accomplish Transformational Change
February 3, 2016, 2:00-3:15 pm (ET)