The first webinar of AGB's three-part webinar series on leadership for campus climate, inclusion and civility.
Over the past year, students, staff, and faculty alike have drawn intense, national focus to the need for inclusion and safe, welcoming climates on their campuses. Boards and presidents are under pressure to respond quickly and with compassion, and to make genuine, sustainable improvements at their institutions.
This webinar focuses on the questions board members should ask not only about their campus culture, but about themselves and their responsibility for creating a positive, inclusive campus climate. Speakers will address questions such as:
- How does the board assess and improve campus climate?
- How do the institution’s mission and strategic goals reflect these concepts?
- What dynamics exist in the board room?
- Why is addressing the board’s own cultural competencies and composition important in this context, and how can that be done?
Artis Hampshire-Cowan, former senior vice president and secretary of the board, Howard University; AGB senior fellow
- David Maxwell, president emeritus, Drake University; AGB senior fellow
- Michael Tapscott, director, Multicultural Student Services Center, The George Washington University
- Devona Williams, president and CEO of Goeins-Williams Associates, Inc.; board member, Delaware State University; AGB Consulting senior consultant