At the heart of a board's responsibilities is oversight of educational quality and student-learning outcomes at the university or college it governs. This AGB service allows boards and academic affairs committees to explore effective policies and practices that improve student-learning outcomes.
Experienced higher education leaders and board members with specialized training will work with the board or academic affairs committee. Utilizing a custom-developed assessment tool, AGB consultants will gauge board awareness and develop a plan featuring workshops, policy development, and longer-term consultation on enhancing shared governance and board, administration, and faculty relations.
Through this work, the board will:
- Make the case for board oversight of educational quality and student success.
- Gain an understanding of roles, responsibilities, relationships, and expectations among the board, its academic affairs committee, the president, the chief academic officer, and the faculty.
- Understand the board's role in program review and accreditation.
- Develop metrics for and evidence of quality and success that will inform board decisions in resource allocation, strategy, and capital improvements.
- Develop and sustain a culture of continuous quality improvement in student outcomes throughout the institution.
Trustees have an obligation to understand the quality of education students receive. Education—its quality and impact—isn't just mission-critical; it's the mission. Ensure your institution is on track by improving board oversight of student-learning outcomes.
AGB thanks Teagle Foundation for its support of our ongoing efforts to improve educational quality and student success.